Saturday, November 12, 2016

Dark Fortress - Ylem

Post election jitters have many understandably upset, so how about some music to reflect the mood? Nothing says "healing through brutal music" quite like some Melodic Black-Metal. My musical choices throughout the day are usually a reflection of my mindset or are to help modulate my energy in the moment ("Your what?"   Don't knock it. If I need to focus, I'll put on something soft and electronic, if I want to feel alert and in control, I'll throw on something intense - that kind of thing.)

I'm still progressing through the subgenres of Metal and haven't quite hit all of them yet (not even close, don't look at a metal genre roadmap unless you have a few hours to kill), but regular Black Metal isn't quite something I can handle yet. Throw in "Melodic" before any subgenre and I'm in love. Emphasis on melody and harmony can ease the visceral reactions many might have when listening to any harsher Metal subgenre (ex; Black Metal) and actually leaves me wanting more. It's a good first-step for any less-adventurous individuals or people who'd rather progress a bit more slowly on their Metal journey.

So without further ado, I present the official music video of "Ylem", by Dark Fortress.



Artist: Dark Fortress
Song: Ylem
Album: Ylem
Year: 2010
Genre: Melodic Black Metal

Website: darkfortress.org

No comments:

Post a Comment